Grasstrack racing, Newton Abbot 1st October.

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Grasstrack racing, Newton Abbot 1st October.

Post by Robbo87 »

If you've not experienced motorcycle grasstrack racing before then it's time you broadened your horizons and came to this one.
Be assured, this is NOT Speedway on grass, the only similarity is that all races are held over 4 laps. Grasstrack circuits are bigger, they're faster, there's more riders in each race and there's more variety of machines, riders and engine classes.
They also have (and I admit to a certain bias here, the clue is in my avatar :) ) sidecars, at least two different classes - 1000 cc righthanders and 1000 cc classics; quite often the race card will also include 1000 cc lefthanders and 500 cc Continental style outfits (chair on the right).
As a spectator, your £12.00 entry (under 16's free - or a tenner for the grey ones amongst us :)): ) will get you at least 30 full races to watch, probably more. There's burger vans and bogs too of course.
Grassers aren't Prima Donnas and you'll be made welcome if you want to walk around the pits to check out the bikes and/or chat to the riders.
If you've never seen motorcycle grasstrack racing live then, if you're anything of a bike race fan, I'll be amazed if you don't enjoy it.
It's the first grasstrack event held in Devon for many a year, indeed it's only the second one held in the whole of the Southwest this year. Watching it on YouTube can only give a hint of what you can only experience by actually being there - and there's one on our doorstep for once!
See you there?
Devonshire Demon grasstrack - 1st October 2023..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.