Injector replacement

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Injector replacement

Post by Red5 »

Had my off road cherry well and truly popped last weekend and absolutely loved it. However, the mighty Husky 250 will not start. Hmmm.
Having potentially diagnosed the injector as the problem, I'm wondering, I can get an OE spec Keihin unit for £100 + or a pattern part for £28/£30... anybody have any ideas if the cheaper ones, from reputable retailers, are any good or if they're that much cheaper for a reason??

Thinking for £30 ish, probably worth a try, even if it isn't the problem but not if they're a load of rubbish and only going to last 10 minutes....
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Re: Injector replacement

Post by Ruffian »

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Seen lots of people use aftermarket injectors "claimed bosch etc" as well as "refurbished" and don't think I tested a set which passed the tolerance test on the asnu injector tester.

If you can cross reference the injector and buy from a trusted supplier then maybe but for the peace of mind, would just get genuine.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Re: Injector replacement

Post by Jug »

Can you run your injector out of the throttle body first, just to be sure your injector has failed?
How have you narrowed it down to being the injector and not something else preventing it from injecting?
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.