BSB Tragedy

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

BSB Tragedy

Post by MellowYellow »

Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Re: BSB Tragedy

Post by menzies3032 »

Respects go to friends and family clearly a great rider taken from us before his time.

An unfortunate reminder to fellow track day riders that Track Days are dangerous and although rare can have fatal accidents. :80:

I would commend No Limits for the speed at which they released a statement
however
at the same time I think it is really bad that they have not learned any lessons from the experience. They are really quick to get funny about somebody who normally rides in advanced group dropping into Novice group due to availability. However they are still perfectly fine with a racer of BSB standard joining a group of track day advanced riders.

As I have started to ride in advanced group I have been on track with racers and they are soooo much quicker then me its scary. they pass you with 100% confidence, mm's from your handle bars diving underneath you as your just about to tip into bends. When your used to it im sure its fine but can easily see with them being so much quicker and so much more experienced how somebody like me riding in advanced group could seem a novice and act in a way that would be dangerous to somebody of his ability.

I think there is a real need to start using more modern technology and grouping riders on the day based on lap times of the other riders that are also there on the day. Once you have attended that track more then once then your lap time is known and you start in the appropriate group based on your previous lap time. I know that most European days are run this way to get people moved into the right groups and also know some UK track day organisers who also use data tags to ensure that riders are in the right group.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

menzies3032 wrote: Jun 23rd, '20, 23:37 Respects go to friends and family clearly a great rider taken from us before his time.

An unfortunate reminder to fellow track day riders that Track Days are dangerous and although rare can have fatal accidents. :80:

I would commend No Limits for the speed at which they released a statement
however
at the same time I think it is really bad that they have not learned any lessons from the experience. They are really quick to get funny about somebody who normally rides in advanced group dropping into Novice group due to availability. However they are still perfectly fine with a racer of BSB standard joining a group of track day advanced riders.

As I have started to ride in advanced group I have been on track with racers and they are soooo much quicker then me its scary. they pass you with 100% confidence, mm's from your handle bars diving underneath you as your just about to tip into bends. When your used to it im sure its fine but can easily see with them being so much quicker and so much more experienced how somebody like me riding in advanced group could seem a novice and act in a way that would be dangerous to somebody of his ability.

I think there is a real need to start using more modern technology and grouping riders on the day based on lap times of the other riders that are also there on the day. Once you have attended that track more then once then your lap time is known and you start in the appropriate group based on your previous lap time. I know that most European days are run this way to get people moved into the right groups and also know some UK track day organisers who also use data tags to ensure that riders are in the right group.
They do. Its called chrono days and use responders for lap times and decide what group your in front that.

But the problem is you read the blurb and it says there was another bike/rider involved also and without knowing further details cannot comment on what may or may not have caused the fatality.

Unfortunately there was another death at snetterton last week also on a track day from what I have heard on trackdayriders also.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

gotta spare a thought for the other rider involved too
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Very true Si no mention of the other person sure that is going to mental do your head in knowing you helped to kill somebody Quiet sure if that was me would have PTSD for many years to come.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.