Getting out.....

An optional members map.
Niccihallas
Learner Driver
First Name: Nicci

Getting out.....

Post by Niccihallas »

I can't tell you guys how much I am looking forward to getting out and meeting you all. Very bored with Covid now, need playmates to have fun with and ones who have similar toys to play on. Do you do charity rides? Or if not, could we do one? I used to play sax in a gigging band, could possibly put something together with maybe a ride than a night with live music, etc?
Anyway, just a thought. I hope your all fun-loving, happy-go-lucky, ready to get out and befriend me sort of people. Im kind of banking on it! :ymhug:
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Getting out.....

Post by billinom8s »

Once we're allowed out to play it's going to be great. My bikes are desperate to get out.

The Pub lunches with motogp were always fun too, who knows how we're gonna do that going forward?????

I'm looking forward to early rides on empty roads with the sun coming up as we cross the Moors.

It'll happen again soon.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

and even the not so early rides maybe. :)):
My bed doesn't like me getting out too early ;)
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
Niccihallas
Learner Driver

Post by Niccihallas »

Yes, definitely will be attending the Motor Gp meets. Be much nicer than shouting at the tv with only my dogs to cheer with. me!
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Got to say I am counting the hours now until I can get back out on the bike.

Really looking forward to getting some road riding in on the new bike. Planning on trying to get some evening rides in rather then just waiting for the weekends all the time.

Also want to get some track days booked up and head off for a zoom round Cadwell, Donnie or Oulton who knows maybe an Anglesey or Bedford for good measure.

Also been watching some of my favorite bands do live streams which has inspired me to pick the guitar up again but it would be great to be able to go and watch some of these bands live again.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Niccihallas
Learner Driver

Post by Niccihallas »

What sort of music do you play/like? I used to play sax in the Blues Brothers collective. We played everything from a bit of Amy to the great Stevie Wonder......... I was hoping to nip out for a crafty zoom about yesterday but no joy, however, if somene wants to attend my lecture for me this afternoon maybe i can squeese one in before the cold returns!
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Seems you're not the only muso on here Nicci. We have a 'Banjo' lurking out there somewhere, Menzies3032 (Rob) is threatening to dust of his six string, I play guitar, banjo, harp and whatever else I can get away with when there's no-one with any musical taste listening :mrgreen: . There may be others.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

Robbo87 wrote: Feb 4th, '21, 14:08 Seems you're not the only muso on here Nicci. We have a 'Banjo' lurking out there somewhere, Menzies3032 (Rob) is threatening to dust of his six string, I play guitar, banjo, harp and whatever else I can get away with when there's no-one with any musical taste listening :mrgreen: . There may be others.
I can fart the Colonel Bogey tune if you need a wind instrument
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Ming wrote: Feb 4th, '21, 14:57
Robbo87 wrote: Feb 4th, '21, 14:08 Seems you're not the only muso on here Nicci. We have a 'Banjo' lurking out there somewhere, Menzies3032 (Rob) is threatening to dust of his six string, I play guitar, banjo, harp and whatever else I can get away with when there's no-one with any musical taste listening :mrgreen: . There may be others.
I can fart the Colonel Bogey tune if you need a wind instrument
As you see, in SWB we have muso's of widespread talent class and taste (*) . He can also take off his shoes and hum I'm told :ymsick: .
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Niccihallas wrote: Feb 4th, '21, 10:24 What sort of music do you play/like? I used to play sax in the Blues Brothers collective. We played everything from a bit of Amy to the great Stevie Wonder.........
I am into 90's rock music Bonjovi, Guns and Roses that sort of thing. Currently the band that has been streaming every Saturday night that i have been watching is called "Marisa and the Moths" (would recommend taking a look she is am amazing singer) you can find them on YouTube or Facebook.

Also an Amzaing Guitarist that I follow is a lady call "Sophie Lloyd" would highly recommend as she recreates shred versions of well known songs. Again can find her on YouTube.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Niccihallas
Learner Driver

Post by Niccihallas »

Thanks, ill have a look and hopefully see you out riding soon!