3/4 inch pipe threading die

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
Sparkymarky
Learner Driver
First Name: Mark

3/4 inch pipe threading die

Post by Sparkymarky »

Evening folks,
Sorry it’s not bike related, but does anybody own a 3/4” pipe die, I have a pipe vice but seems silly to spend £40 on a die for just 2 sets of threads, when somebody might own 1 that could either thread or lend it to me whilst I thread them outside there property or on the public road Some beer tokens available if anybody could help me please. I’m in Exeter, but don’t mind travelling to close by areas.

Mark
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Re: 3/4 inch pipe threading die

Post by Ruffian »

I have access to a roto stock which is more for use on galv pipe up to 2"bsp.

Other option is Tracy tools in newton abbot which are sensible price for items like that
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Sounds like something a plumber or pipe fitter might have, or a small engineering concern perhaps.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Sparkymarky
Learner Driver

Post by Sparkymarky »

Ruffian wrote: Mar 29th, '21, 19:22 I have access to a roto stock which is more for use on galv pipe up to 2"bsp.

Other option is Tracy tools in newton abbot which are sensible price for items like that
Hi Ruffian

It is galvanised 3/4” pipe, my ex wife suffers from rheumatoid arthritis & has been struggleing with the handrail at home, but she’s able to comfortably grip without to much pain. So with fittings I’ve made a bannister for the stairs. I made a bit of a balls up when originally ordering total length, with fittings. If you could assist that would be great.

Yes Robby it’s something a comercial pipe fitter would use, just trying my luck to see if anybody on here would be able to help.

Mark
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Sparkymarky wrote: Apr 1st, '21, 05:30
Ruffian wrote: Mar 29th, '21, 19:22 I have access to a roto stock which is more for use on galv pipe up to 2"bsp.

Hi Ruffian

It is galvanised 3/4” pipe, my ex wife suffers from rheumatoid arthritis & has been struggleing with the handrail at home, but she’s able to comfortably grip without to much pain. So with fittings I’ve made a bannister for the stairs. I made a bit of a balls up when originally ordering total length, with fittings. If you could assist that would be great.

Yes Robby it’s something a comercial pipe fitter would use, just trying my luck to see if anybody on here would be able to help.

Mark
Good luck with sorting this for Mrs Sparkymarky. I know a little about the dreaded Arthur Itis and can fully sympathise :(
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

Sparkymarky wrote: Apr 1st, '21, 05:30

Hi Ruffian

Mark
It is something that can be sorted,
If you let me know a sort of time scale you will need it doing we can probably meet up and get it done easy enough.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Sparkymarky
Learner Driver

Post by Sparkymarky »

Evening Ruffian,
I thought I posted the other day & I've only just realised I never pushed the submit button, I have sorted the tube ready to be threaded for 3/4”fittings. Unfortunately to keep it all looking even I need 4 threads to be done, would this still be ok. As I don’t want you thinking I’m trying to take the proverbial.it seems I have no work this week and can drop to wherever suits you best, so as to not inconvenience you in any way, providing it’s still ok.
Many thanks
Mark
layne
Learner Driver

Post by layne »

I hope it was peaceful.
RIP
#152 Straights are for fast bikes. Corners are for fast riders
jer r1
SWB Subscriber
First Name: jerry

Post by jer r1 »

layne wrote: Apr 19th, '21, 23:17 I hope it was peaceful.
RIP
Drowned in cutting oil, awful way to go. :D
KEEP CALM
AND
POWER ON
Sparkymarky
Learner Driver

Post by Sparkymarky »

Not to worry Ruffian, I’ve ordered the tool and will re-cut the threads myself
Cheers Mark