Introduction and travelling arrangements

Alan
Learner Driver
First Name: Alan

Introduction and travelling arrangements

Post by Alan »

Hi, I have just signed up for the Llandow track day on the 4th June and thought I would introduce myself. First of all, let me apologise to the riders in the fast group, as that was the only group with spaces, that is the one I have signed up for. I would normally go for the inters group but I will do my best to not get in the way. I will be on a BMW S1000R and it will be my first track day on it, so I have no idea how it will perform, also I haven't done Llandow before. My last track day was on a ZX10R at Castle Combe in 2017, so I may be a bit rusty.

Regarding travel arrangements, I think many will be travelling by van but I was wondering if there are any that ride over on the day? I live in Bristol, so if anyone is heading over by bike on Friday morning I wouldn't mind meeting up and tagging along.

See you all in a few weeks
Alan
Tractorwackyracer
Learner Driver
First Name: mark

Re: Introduction and travelling arrangements

Post by Tractorwackyracer »

Hi and welcome you will only need 2 and 3 gear on your bike 😂😂
It’ll take you about 3 laps to learn
Some ride up in the morning and some go up the night before if allowed
I will be driving up on up the morning
Tractorwackyracer
MikeZ
Learner Driver
First Name: Mike

Post by MikeZ »

Hi Alan,
I live kingswood Bristol and will be riding over to llandow on the 4th. Would be good to ride over with somebody else. Fuel is easy as there's a station just off the m4. I try to leave home between 7.30-8.00 which gives plenty of time for the 9.00 start. Cheers then Mike.
If you were riding inters at combe you'll be fine.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Hi Alan

Welcome to the forum nice to have you with us. Llandow is a really simple track and also the day I would suggest is normally slower then most "Big Track" track days. so if your normally comfortable in Inters then you will be fine on the day in Advanced. Llandow is a small track so as said above very easy to learn, and Tractorwackracer was not kidding you will literally just use 2nd and 3rd gear.

Hope you enjoy the day. If you can van up you might find it a bit easier but there are people who ride up and then ride home again.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Alan
Learner Driver

Post by Alan »

Hi Mike,

That sounds great, I thought if I posted up I would find someone from this area, I will message you and we can arrange a meeting point. Always better to ride with someone than on your own so I will be glad of the company. Time sounds fine.

Cheers Alan
MikeZ wrote: May 5th, '21, 08:35 Hi Alan,
I live kingswood Bristol and will be riding over to llandow on the 4th. Would be good to ride over with somebody else. Fuel is easy as there's a station just off the m4. I try to leave home between 7.30-8.00 which gives plenty of time for the 9.00 start. Cheers then Mike.
If you were riding inters at combe you'll be fine.
Alan
Learner Driver

Post by Alan »

menzies3032 wrote: May 5th, '21, 11:16 Hi Alan

Welcome to the forum nice to have you with us. Llandow is a really simple track and also the day I would suggest is normally slower then most "Big Track" track days. so if your normally comfortable in Inters then you will be fine on the day in Advanced. Llandow is a small track so as said above very easy to learn, and Tractorwackracer was not kidding you will literally just use 2nd and 3rd gear.

Hope you enjoy the day. If you can van up you might find it a bit easier but there are people who ride up and then ride home again.
Thanks for the welcome, I have watched your videos, so I have a good idea of the track already :D . No van so I will be riding over, but there is someone who lives fairly close to me going, so we can ride over together.

I have just been over to Castle Combe and met Simon and Dave as they are doing a track day, so just another 46 to meet. Looking forward to it providing we get a dry day. See you all in a few weeks
Cheers
Alan
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber

Post by bkingalan »

Hi welcome along Alan, hope to catch you on a rideout soon.
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso