The future is now - next gen motorbikes

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

The future is now - next gen motorbikes

Post by menzies3032 »

Ok so not a huge shock that we are going to start seeing more electric motorbikes in coming years however this one really caught my eye as not only the fully digital dash and the modern car crash avoidance systems, the main thing that caught my eye was the rider modes

When in sport the handle bars drop the screen lowers and the pegs rise and then in commuter mode they do the opposite to give a more upright riding position.

Take a look
https://youtu.be/pm6UkHvUh4Y

If you star adding in suspention changes we already know about and change in engine map (which on an electronic has to be easier right) then this could well turn 1 bike into many as they further adapt this.

Clearly not perfect until charging stations are more readily available but you have to start somewhere.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
greg
Learner Driver
First Name: greg

Re: The future is now - next gen motorbikes

Post by greg »

There have been lots of electric bike start ups, and mostly aimed at top end buyers, and strangely enough most have gone to the wall. Perhaps the way to get things going is to produce simple, lightweight affordable electric bikes with easily removable batteries for charging at home. Leave out all the gizmo's, make 'em cheap, no frills and fun.
Yes the Chinese already make lots of cheap-ish electric scoots and bikes, but the range is pathetic and lots of components are actually made of chocolate sprayed silver to make it look like metal.
Good quality, simple. Do what the Japanese did right at the beginning of their world dominance - I give you the C90! Do something like that again.
RE Interceptor
layne
Learner Driver

Post by layne »

#152 Straights are for fast bikes. Corners are for fast riders
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

layne wrote: Oct 29th, '21, 12:25 Bit more here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtL5FTwaE_Y
Ooh, I had to stop watching - how annoying is that voice!!

I like the adaptable riding position and the co-pilot function, but what is with this current fad for TV screens on bikes? I want something that clealry tells me the speed I'm doing, the revs of the bike, and a big red light to say somethings going t*ts up with the motor. Oh, and a trip meter and fuel low warning. Anything else is largely unnecessary and more likely to be a cause of distraction than an aid. Add to that I'm yet to find a screen that doesn't either disappear in sunlight or be glaring in darkness, especially if using sunglasses......

I was chatting to a chap with a Zero at Langport a while back. He really rated it. Said it would do 120 miles before needing a charge, took 20 mins to charge from 25 to 80% and happily kept up with his mates on a ride.
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Jay
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jay

Post by Jay »

Its defo the future and i for one will embrace it
2020 CBR1000RR-R
2008 FJR 1300A
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Phil

Post by Tvrv37 »

Was on the Triumph factory tour at the weekend which I can thoroughly recomend. Pete the guy taking us around spoke for quite a long time about electric bikes and likened buying one now to purchasing a Sinclair ZX80 in 1980. Within very very short time is was outclassed and eclipsed. Electric bikes will definitely be part of the future but keep your money in your pocket as technology will advance exteremly quickly and nobody wants a £25k boat anchor! Apparently the Triumph Williams F1 electric bike project is completed but won't see the light of day due to the technology advances currently.
KTM 1290 SD GT, Tuono fighter V twin, RSV 1000 factory trackday, Yamaha RD250E,
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

We must embrace it because infernal combustion will sooner than you might imagine be a no-no on the road. Maybe bikes will be outlawed completely, there are certainly some influential people who'd like that :-?
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't