BBC [Censored]

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

BBC [Censored]

Post by bkingalan »

The bloody BBC never have anything to do with bikes yet today because of the riders who lost their lives this year they spent ages discussing it wether it should be banned giving the snowflakes more ammo !!!

Well done to Steve Plater for standing up for the TT
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: BBC [Censored]

Post by billinom8s »

Yeah I read last night that the flakes were out in force again.
The IOM government told them to do one.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

it's sadly predictable that the Mainstream Media outlets never bother writing a word (maybe BBC NI are an exception as road racing is big news there, plus they actually celebrate having a local world champ in Jonny Rea) about racing returning to the Island after a three year absence, or Hicky joining the 4-in-a-week club. No, nothing, not a word.... but if there's a tragedy then they're all over it with their sanctimony and opinions about how the competitors should be saved from themselves. There's nothing that winds me up like the opinions of the ignorant and uninformed being forced forward like they're important and they matter.

Can the circuit be made safer? I'm sure they'll have looked pretty hard at every possibility. Perhaps something will be considered for the sidecars as I believe that both fatal crashes occurred at Ago's leap - maybe they got air and flipped? (Apologies, this is speculation) Perhaps front aero assistance as per MotoGP to keep the front of the outfit down, or (and I hate myself for even thinking about it) something to slow the outfits down before the crest so they don't launch off it at full chat.

The dangers and consequences are known to the competitors, and it's their choice to participate. Since the circuit was dropped from the GP rota in 1976 nobody has had to race there against their will or better judgement. As long as they're allowed to, let them get on with it.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
Bilko1000
Learner Driver
First Name: Darren

Post by Bilko1000 »

I agree with everything you say Scotty people should have the right to self-determination and be free to follow dangerous pursuits if that enrichens their lives.
GEN 4 S1000RR / Gixxer Thou K6 the best one.