What to do next?

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Re: What to do next?

Post by menzies3032 »

Well think the decision is made that i will be buying the F900R when i get to October the more i think about it and look what i would change it to got to be the best option.

Also at the moment really inspired by the new BWM F900R cup that is going to be running in 2023 and the reviews of the race bike version that is basically just a change of suspension and a different exhaust. If you watch either of these vids they can not on enough about how amazing it is and how much fun it is to ride. Rather then getting a track bike now wondering if i spend the money on upgrading the suspension to K-Tech and use the one bike for all.

Take a look at either of these
Bike World - https://youtu.be/ExShFu35Ryg
44 Teeth - https://youtu.be/pY1-swCypV4
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

I did see that on 44 Teeth and I was going to mention it on here.
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Phil

Post by Tvrv37 »

menzies3032 wrote: Jan 31st, '23, 16:17 Well think the decision is made that i will be buying the F900R when i get to October the more i think about it and look what i would change it to got to be the best option.

Also at the moment really inspired by the new BWM F900R cup that is going to be running in 2023 and the reviews of the race bike version that is basically just a change of suspension and a different exhaust. If you watch either of these vids they can not on enough about how amazing it is and how much fun it is to ride. Rather then getting a track bike now wondering if i spend the money on upgrading the suspension to K-Tech and use the one bike for all.

Take a look at either of these
Bike World - https://youtu.be/ExShFu35Ryg
44 Teeth - https://youtu.be/pY1-swCypV4
Hi Rob be mindful that you ride fast group and do quite a few track days. This will massively increase service schedule and wear and tear on the bike.

The BSB F900R's will be worth about 50p once they have done a season and I'm sure BMW will go a long way to ensure teams are supported with any issues that arise, you won't have that luxury.

Also if the worst happens and you bin it, there goes another year on the road except this time it won't be insured. Yes there is track insurance but it's very expensive about the same price as renting.

Buy the bike you love it! But you may want separate road & track.
KTM 1290 SD GT, Tuono fighter V twin, RSV 1000 factory trackday, Yamaha RD250E,
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

I think that if I was a track day regular, and also was a fast group guy then I think I would would find it quite disheartening to now be riding a 105hp naked bike in a pack of mainly litre sports bikes.
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
menzies3032
Site Moderator

Post by menzies3032 »

OK so one of my long brain dumps for anybody who is interested.........

So Today went into the BMW dealership for the 2nd Year service, whilst the bike got its service done had a chat with the sales guys and found out some very interesting information. I was planning on trying to test ride a BMW S1000R but it was pissing it down and said i would come back another time to do so. But when they started talking to me about what they would give me for my bike they let a few things slip

1. Hear now today they would only offer me the same price as the BMW finance guarantee will offer me in October this year and the finance quote is based on me having 15,000 miles on the bike when i currently have 5,000. so either the dealer is taking the piss or i have got a great deal on my finance payment (I think the latter)

2. I have a BMW F900R SE model which means that i have the Dynamic riding mode as well as Rain and Road that the normal bike has. Turns out there is an issue with gaining parts and the factory is not making the SE model or Sport currently and there is not a dealer in the UK that has a new one available for sale. Meaning my bike is now a special addition and therefore becoming more and more rare, meaning that it is and will be worth more... which the dealer did not like me pointing out. Also for anybody who has ridden the bike if your getting a pace on the difference between the Road and Dynamic mode is massive and you would not want one without it.

3. They also let split that on trade in they would offer me £2000 less then the actual sales price of the bike to allow for the costs of running the building and the actual sales price of the bike would be about £7500 from a show room and £6500 to £7000 private, Add the "Special Addition SE" bit to it and I am better off buying the bike at the end of the finance for £5700 then selling it for £6500 to £7000 private then walking back in with the cash to help start the next deal for the next bike.

4. The F900R had never been properly launched and currently is too unknown by the public. It was launched 2020 in the height of Covid so did not get any of the usual press and visibility. Hence why there is now a further special addition race version and there will now be a BMW F900R Cup as a support race this year for BSB. And all of the reviews of the race bike just keep saying how fantastic it is, how much fun it is and just give me fuel and i will ride it all day (i have been saying it for years)

So the sensible thing to do is Buy the bike. Probably keep it and keep riding it as its a great bike but if i do want to swap to an S1000R then I need to be prepared for a big price jump as its double the price for a bit more electronics and a load more power that i'm not sure that i really want or need for the road.

All in all a very interesting day
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

so you're keeping your toy then?
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

Rob - you bought the BMW as an antidote to your GSXR hooning, specifically to keep the speeds sane ish on the roads. Getting an S1000R would be going back to what you were trying to get away from.

Buy the F900, keep riding it. It's quick enough for UK roads, that's for sure
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Ming wrote: Mar 8th, '23, 19:15 Rob - you bought the BMW as an antidote to your GSXR hooning, specifically to keep the speeds sane ish on the roads. Getting an S1000R would be going back to what you were trying to get away from.

Buy the F900, keep riding it. It's quick enough for UK roads, that's for sure
Exactly what he said. And get yourself a decent track bike - or do it properly and go racing.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
julesh
Learner Driver
First Name: julian

Post by julesh »

👍
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

Yep buy it. That's what I did with my PCP bike.
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

Have a look at the new "The bike show" video "BMW f900r v Yamaha mt-09" on you tube.
julesh
Learner Driver

Post by julesh »

goatpants wrote: Jan 29th, '23, 17:37 Buy my gixxer thou track bike that hasn't moved for a few years :lol:
Yeah cos you really know what your talking about dont you
julesh
Learner Driver

Post by julesh »

billinom8s wrote: Jan 30th, '23, 19:20
goatpants wrote: Jan 29th, '23, 17:37 Buy my gixxer thou track bike that hasn't moved for a few years :lol:
£50?
Really.... Expect better...... But then.... Nah
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

£51.50?

Final offer as I can get fire wood for £52
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
menzies3032
Site Moderator

Post by menzies3032 »

Sorry if I was not clear decision now made that 100% will buy my current bike and then keep riding it.

Track wise will continue to hire short term but give it 12 months and buying my own track bike has got to be the way to go when funds allow.