New member in Plymouth

Introduce yourself and meet your fellow riders. Please don't forget to mention how you found us.
Everclear1984
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

New member in Plymouth

Post by Everclear1984 »

Hi all, new here so figured I'd introduce myself. I met somebody at Mallory Park last week who put me on to the forum, unfortunately I can't remember his name!

I got back on a bike just over 2 years ago after an eight year break. A friend of mine was selling his KTM Duke 690 and offered me it at a price I couldn't refuse so I jumped at it :) Several trackdays and a little over a year later I decided I needed to get back on a sportbike and was fortunate enough to pick up the bike of my dreams - an S1000rr. And now here we are :)):

I look forward to joining some rideouts and meeting some of you at trackdays :-bd

downloada_290423_5099_mallory.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: New member in Plymouth

Post by billinom8s »

Hi and welcome to the forum, I see you're also a fan of Photoshop.

I reckon it was Jay you saw at Mallory, he's coming along with us to Andalucia in Oct.

Jump on in and enjoy the forum.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Hey Chris

Welcome to the forum great to have you with us and glad that your enjoying all things bikes. What an epic track bike the S1000RR must be. Not had the pleasure myself yet but well aware its a 200bhp beast. Loving the knee down shot that's a bit epic. Do you have a favourate track? which ones have you done?

I must say I am a bit of a track day fan myself and have done a far few since 2010. I have tended to stick to 600's or the odd 750 rather then going for the 1000's always a bit worried about getting spat off as you power on.

A group of us recently did Angelsey at one of the Jamie Whitham days (which was fantastic) video here if you fancy a watch. https://youtu.be/YjeDuER_lJk

As a group we also did Portimao last year and wow what an epic track that is.

Hope to catch up on a ride out some time soon and keep an eye on the track day section as sure there will be many of us venturing to a track some time soon. (think my next one currently is July 12th in Brands Hatch)
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

We've a ride out planned for Sunday 28th.
http://www.southwestbikers.com/viewtopic.php?t=101749
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Jay
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi Chris, it was me you met at Mallory :) welcome along buddy
2020 CBR1000RR-R
2008 FJR 1300A
Everclear1984
Learner Driver

Post by Everclear1984 »

Jay wrote: May 9th, '23, 08:24 Hi Chris, it was me you met at Mallory :) welcome along buddy
Glad you got your noise issues sorted! I'm sure we'll see you around again, I think we're booking Bedford and Cadwell again this year.
Everclear1984
Learner Driver

Post by Everclear1984 »

menzies3032 wrote: May 8th, '23, 21:57 Hey Chris

Welcome to the forum great to have you with us and glad that your enjoying all things bikes. What an epic track bike the S1000RR must be. Not had the pleasure myself yet but well aware its a 200bhp beast. Loving the knee down shot that's a bit epic. Do you have a favourate track? which ones have you done?

I must say I am a bit of a track day fan myself and have done a far few since 2010. I have tended to stick to 600's or the odd 750 rather then going for the 1000's always a bit worried about getting spat off as you power on.

A group of us recently did Angelsey at one of the Jamie Whitham days (which was fantastic) video here if you fancy a watch. https://youtu.be/YjeDuER_lJk

As a group we also did Portimao last year and wow what an epic track that is.

Hope to catch up on a ride out some time soon and keep an eye on the track day section as sure there will be many of us venturing to a track some time soon. (think my next one currently is July 12th in Brands Hatch)
Thanks for the warm welcome :-bd

The S1K is my first litre bike. I did Llandow on it last year, weeks after purchasing it and it was absolutely terrifying after coming from a little Duke 690 lol. I've put a couple of thousand road miles on it since then and found it to be very manageable at Mallory, though the traction control definitely saved me at least once!

In the past few years we've done Llandow several times, Castle Combe, Brands Indy, Bedford, Cadwell Park and Mallory. Many years ago we did Rockingham, I'd love to go back but sadly it shut down years ago.

I'll take a look at your Anglesey video when I get a sec. Hoping to do Portimao myself next year for my 40th birthday :D
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

Looks like we're already getting a gathering together for Portugal next year :-bd
KTM 990 superduke R,
Everclear1984
Learner Driver

Post by Everclear1984 »

billinom8s wrote: May 9th, '23, 15:52 Looks like we're already getting a gathering together for Portugal next year :-bd
Any chance of Llandow making a comeback? I know it's not quite Portugal but possibly the next best thing :wink:
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

Apparently I ran it too cheap, now they won't rent to me.

every now and again I enquire but get zero response. The tdo that does the bikes now (track demons :roll: ) don't respond when I enquire about renting the whole thing either.

Needs someone else to make the enquiry.
KTM 990 superduke R,
Everclear1984
Learner Driver

Post by Everclear1984 »

That's a shame. I asked Trackdemons why they priced it so high and they blamed the circuit. Last year it was the same price as Cadwell Park! I understand the organizers have been dealing with some personal problems this year but they've totally dropped off the radar, no update whatsoever.

If there's anything I can do to help to get the ball rolling just let me know.
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

They've stuck the price up a bit but the Direct rental is still available through their website.

Might be worth someone calling them to ask about rental for the day and see what comes back.

https://www.llandow.com/?page_id=243
KTM 990 superduke R,