Is this the beginning of the end?

Look in for Track days + events

Moderator: Staff

menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Is this the beginning of the end?

Post by menzies3032 »

The question has to be asked where is everybody?

The reality is the the ever increasing cost of living, followed my the ongoing increase in cost of track days followed by all associated cost (ie fuel) people have just had enough and something has got to give. The result tracks days that are half full :-??

This begs the question is this the beginning of the end for companies like No Limits. They have to pay the upfront costs but are clearly running the days at a loss. Not willing to reduce the ticket price for fear that everybody holds off for the price drop and then books again meaning they run the day as a loss.

Hence an increasing number of posts on Facebook confirming very low numbers at multiple track days.
IMG_0479.jpeg
IMG_0480.jpeg
IMG_0481.jpeg
IMG_0482.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Is this the beginning of the end?

Post by billinom8s »

Something has to give I guess.

Maybe this is why off Roading/laning has grown more popular?

Tj' trackdays have been shooting up in price for a couple of years now, pretty much since the whole Brexit/covid double whammy. As usual, UK business owners jumped on that as an excuse to hike the prices to maximize profits (even llandow, remember I ran it at £65 where there are charging £150?).

If you notice, ,the price of euro events hasn't increased anywhere near the % that UK ones have.

Unfortunately I think the UK trackday industry is gonna have to suck it up and start dropping their rates if they want to survive.

When you're looking at nearly £200 for a day on track, then the fuel to use, fuel to get there, accommodation overnight as we live so far away it all adds up. Even camping on site has gone crazy, it used to be free at pembrey and £5 at cadwell. I believe it's now £20 to camp there, has the price of real estate in the paddock gone up that much? Can't be the facilities as all you get it a toilet block with a couple of showers (if it's not locked or they aren't working).

Situation is gonna have to change.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

When doing track days 4/5 years ago a day on track could quite easily cost £400 with all the costs.

(£200 trackday, £50 travelodge, fuel there and back and generator)

It was doable but did limit how many could do.
(Euros worked our alot better value for money)

But now I don't think it would be possible, everything has gotten more expensive.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
julesh
Learner Driver
First Name: julian

Post by julesh »

i was at Cadwell 9 in advanced the first day, 6 on the second absolutely brilliant having the track pretty much to yourself, its simply not sustainable for the tdo's though, NL will probably go the way of FE in the future concentrating on euros and the more wealthy clientele