West Bay Sunday 21st May.

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

West Bay Sunday 21st May.

Post by Robbo87 »

Anyone fancy a run to West Bay tomorrow, or meeting there for coffee and a social?
I'll be leaving the Bowd Inn on the A3052 (EX10 0ND) at 0900 hrs and aiming to be tea drinking and bacon roll noshing at W. B. by 1000 hrs-ish.
I have to be home by around 1400 hrs so I'll probably do that via Beaminster, Broadwindsor, Whatley, Chard, Yarcombe bends, Honiton . . . . . https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/EX10+ ... 967668!3e0
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Re: West Bay Sunday 21st May.

Post by Robbo87 »

Roy, everybody's favourite Bandit basher :)): , is joining me for this bimble. Anyone else fancy it?
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Bunny67
Learner Driver
First Name: Mark

Post by Bunny67 »

Yup count me in
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

If it was for lunch or tiffin I'd be up for it but had early start today and can't have two in a weekend or I'll never get a permit for Brian's trip. :-)
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

Currently in Wales. Hopefully see you next Sunday.
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

Thanks Roy and Mark for the company today, it was great fun.

We had a good clear run to West Bay, which was it's usual busy self. Question: does anyone know why the three catering shacks next to the bike park are closed? They would have done a roaring trade today, there were more bikers looking for a cuppa than you could shake a con rod at and no-one close by to supply it.

Just to prove that every day's a school day, Mark and I had a master class c/o Roy on what to do when you have a leaking front fork oil seal and still want to go on a rideout. You simply wrap a bit of newspaper around the offending seal to soak up any leaks, making sure to secure it in place with Roy's patented 'ACME wraparound bungee & cocktail stick tensioner' for safety, see pic for details.

After a decent brekkie in W.B. it was off to the dark side, yes, Chard :80: where tea and a conducted tour of Bandit Towers (AKA Roy's house) was had - thanks Roy. Followed by more tea and a 'progressive' ride back to God's county and home via Yarcombe bends.

Thanks guys :-bd , I thoroughly enjoyed the day and though I was a tad late home it was well worth it.

Pic's in the photo' section.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Always a fun run to WB.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

For gods sake, do we need to start a GoFundMe to get Roy a new fork seal before Wales?

I think I saw a set of used fork seals on ebay for a bandit 1200, low starting bid too... maybe we could all have a whip round and get those for Roy. :)):
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
royb
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Roy

Post by royb »

A fun run and I got to lead for a short while. Had maybe 2 hours of yap on my back lawn with tea and coffee.
Thanks to Phil and Mark for a great day.
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

ptolemyx wrote: May 21st, '23, 06:20 Currently in Wales. Hopefully see you next Sunday.
Sorry, no can do :( . See my post, 5th from top - http://www.southwestbikers.com/viewtopic.php?t=101749
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.