Little ride out

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Caveman
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Damien

Little ride out

Post by Caveman »

Admins please delete if not aloud.

Putting this out again.

Not sure if anyone is interested but me and a friend are doing a little ride out to minehead if any 125ers wanted to tag on for a little experience of riding out of the town? Plan is to meet at mac Donald’s In Bridgwater at around times to be confirmed but probably around 1700/1800ish Wednesday 31st and then ride up through bishops lydiard up through Raleigh’s cross down to weddons cross into the back of dunster and then down the other side into the back of minehead near where the boats are and then just follow the main road back into Bridgwater. Probably stop at Raleigh’s for a pint of coffee. Open invite we will hang on for about 15/20 mins ish to see if anyone tags on if not the routes above is what we’re doing So tag on at any point probably be sat at Raleigh’s for an hour ish I ride an old cbr600f3 pretty much a shed on wheels in red and my mate is on a versey650 any other bikes want to tag on feel free we’re plodders not speeders so literally just cruising around however ride how you feel comfortable just ride safe that’s all we ask, and if your lucky you might get to see me brake down again 😂
Caveman :(|)
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Re: Little ride out

Post by menzies3032 »

Delete????? Your kidding right… exactly the type of post we encourage and want to promote. Let’s see if we can get some people to join you.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Caveman
SWB Subscriber

Post by Caveman »

Thanks man. Just to confirm the time is dead set for 1800 and we will be aiming to leave about 18.15. Will be nice if some turn up if not we will continue on our own, the route is above so if any want to make their own way then that’s welcome. Hopefully get the camera working and will try to record the route so those that don’t make it can see what it’s like
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

My ktm is being a ktm so not going anywhere atm. Will be interested in seeing this route.

Good luck.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

billinom8s wrote: May 29th, '23, 18:55 My ktm is being a ktm so not going anywhere atm. Will be interested in seeing this route.

Good luck.
A KTM being a KTM eh? Ahh, the joys of Austrian muscle :)): .

I reckon this is the route our man will take: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/McDon ... ?entry=ttu
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Caveman
SWB Subscriber

Post by Caveman »

Robbo87 wrote: May 29th, '23, 19:29
billinom8s wrote: May 29th, '23, 18:55 My ktm is being a ktm so not going anywhere atm. Will be interested in seeing this route.

Good luck.

I reckon this is the route our man will take: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/McDon ... ?entry=ttu
That is pretty bang on, lovely little ride. Eventually I want to stretch it out and head over wedons cross into Simons bath and then come into the back end of minehead. I love driving all those roads so itching to get the rides going there
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Caveman wrote: May 30th, '23, 13:39
Robbo87 wrote: May 29th, '23, 19:29

Good luck.

That is pretty bang on, lovely little ride. Eventually I want to stretch it out and head over wedons cross into Simons bath and then come into the back end of minehead. I love driving all those roads so itching to get the rides going there
Yup, us . . . ahem . . . . established SWB-ers - a.k.a. 'The Grey Ones' or 'The usual suspects' :)): have this area and most of the rest of Devon as our Happy Hunting Grounds so know it well. Unfortunately I can't make this one but well done for getting a rideout going and I hope you have great time on it.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Caveman
SWB Subscriber

Post by Caveman »

If anyone is wanting to join, try and be at the Bridgwater McDonald’s for 1800 fulled up and ready 🤘
julesh
Learner Driver
First Name: julian

Post by julesh »

If you carry on from Raleighs cross onto morebath onto Bampton then on down to black cat, turn right at the junction and head up to Dunster, you'll find 20 miles of beautiful scenery and superb twisty roads, the tarmac can be a bit bumpy and there's a few patches of gravel to watch out for but it's a great road, from dunster head back on the main road, til you get to the tropiquaria, then head back up the hill to Raleighs cross, then head back from there to Bishops Lydeard, up over the quantocks to home
julesh
Learner Driver
First Name: julian

Post by julesh »

Caveman myself and a few work colleagues are off for a little bimble across to Westbay on Saturday if you and your mates are interested leaving Budgens/Shell garage at 9.30 they are old farts on z1000's one of them has just passed his test, im on a 796 motard so we wont be honking along, not sure on the route im just tagging along, i'd imagine it would be westonzoyland,aller (7 bends :)): ) othery,langport,yeovil,dorchester,weymouth,abbotsbury :)): then back past lyme regis, chard,ilminster,creech st michael,home or it could be vice versa
Caveman
SWB Subscriber

Post by Caveman »

julesh wrote: May 31st, '23, 20:16 Caveman myself and a few work colleagues are off for a little bimble across to Westbay on Saturday if you and your mates are interested leaving Budgens/Shell garage at 9.30 they are old farts on z1000's one of them has just passed his test, im on a 796 motard so we wont be honking along, not sure on the route im just tagging along, i'd imagine it would be westonzoyland,aller (7 bends :)): ) othery,langport,yeovil,dorchester,weymouth,abbotsbury :)): then back past lyme regis, chard,ilminster,creech st michael,home or it could be vice versa
Thanks for the offer mate. I am unfortunately cutting down a tree. However I’ll pass the info on to my mate who will probably be interested he rides a verseys 650, also any other future rides please keep me informed if I’m available I’ll definitely tag on, haven’t riden those roads yet. Driven them a million times just never on a bike