Roy Bulcock.

Latest information on South-West-Bikers...

Moderator: Staff

Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Re: ROY B - please read updates.

Post by Robbo87 »

O.k. I'm a definite for the bike today. See you all you bikers at the Crematorium entrance at 1250 hrs.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Well can I just say what a fantastic funeral….. hang on that sounds odd as funerals should never be fantastic….. but it was.

An amazing turn out with what looked to be 100+ people in attendance, a great service with lots of fun memories about Roy and from what we now know the Roy we knew and loved is the person the family knew him as, as well. Loving motorbikes, loving anything mechanical, never cared about how it looked was always about what it could do.

To hear his granddaughter speak the poem about “The Ride” at the start was a pull on your heart strings and also just brought home how important biking was to Roy.

Can I also say what a great turn out today from SWB with I think 11/12 bikes in the end which was clearly very appreciated by the family. Also shout out to Duncan (Blackgold) who had the idea of getting high viz vests for us all as Roy used to ware in honour of him.
IMG_2229.jpeg
IMG_2227.jpeg
IMG_2228.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber

Post by Tvrv37 »

IMG_20231101_125848_copy_1632x1228.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KTM 1290 SD GT, Tuono fighter V twin, RSV 1000 factory trackday, Yamaha RD250E,
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber

Post by Tvrv37 »

IMG_20231101_125830_copy_1632x1228.jpg
KTM 1290 SD GT, Tuono fighter V twin, RSV 1000 factory trackday, Yamaha RD250E,
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

I'll second Rob's comments regarding today; if you could call a funeral fantastic, this was it. Even the weather was good, only raining while the service was held.

On behalf of Roy's family I've been asked to say a huge thank you to all from Southwest Bikers who made time to attend and pay their respects.
Roy's wife Jean, daughters Sarah and Amy and all the family say it was hugely appreciated and they'll never forget it.

We had a great turnout from SWB members. Partners included there were 16 of us in total - 11 on bikes and 5 in 'civvies'. Let's see if my remaining memory cell can recall who they were:
On their bikes were: Wendy, Phil, Alan, Mike, Gus, Rik, Duncan, Nick, Andy, Rob and me. Representing SWB in their best 'civvies' were Brian and Jane, Richard, John and Jenny (the long-suffering Mrs R). Apologies if I've missed anyone.

For those of us who were able to attend the wake that followed, we were very well looked after, with a great spread of food and drink and the opportunity to meet lots of Roy's family and friends.

Sometime in the near(ish) future, and subject to weather and good rider availability, there will be a Roy Bulcock Memorial Rideout where there will be a final whip round to add to the money already so generously given by SWB members - thanks to 'young' Phil for bringing us up to speed on the details of that today. At the suggestion of Jean and with the full agreement of Roy's family, the total sum is to then be donated to Devon Air Ambulance.

And from me a final and heartfelt thanks to all who have got involved, in whatever way, in remembering and paying their respects to Roy; a great guy, a one-off, a real character and a friend.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

Totally agree with Rob and Phill,
It was a pleasure to be there for the legend that was Roy, one of the best funerals I have ever been to (for the want of better words) really great turnout from SWB
Rest in peace Roy you Will be missed my friend!!
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

Good to see the SWB guard of honour. I know Jean and the family really appreciated our coming to honour and remember a wonderful friend.

Couple of my shots:-
SWB guard of honour.jpg
SWB guard of honour2 2000.jpg
And when we have the memorial ride maybe we can all wear a Tesco bag inside our jackets, as Roy always did =:)
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

:-bd
Kata wrote: Nov 1st, '23, 09:28 From a ride out Sep 2020Roy.jpg
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

Kata wrote: Nov 1st, '23, 09:28 From a ride out Sep 2020Roy.jpg
Thanks for posting John, now forwarded to Roy's wife Jean.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Re: Roy Bulcock

Post by Robbo87 »

I received a Christmas card from Roy's wife Jean a couple of days ago.
Besides a personal note to Jenny and I, she also wrote a few lines in appreciation of the SWB members who attended Roy's funeral, you all know who you are.

2023 Christmas card from Jean Bulcock (1).jpg
2023 Christmas card from Jean Bulcock (3).jpg
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Re: Roy Bulcock.

Post by menzies3032 »

Nice…..
Glad that it made a difference and was appreciated.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Re: Roy Bulcock

Post by Red5 »

Robbo87 wrote: Dec 18th, '23, 13:05 I received a Christmas card from Roy's wife Jean a couple of days ago.
Besides a personal note to Jenny and I, she also wrote a few lines in appreciation of the SWB members who attended Roy's funeral, you all know who you are.

2023 Christmas card from Jean Bulcock (1).jpg

2023 Christmas card from Jean Bulcock (3).jpg
:-bd That's lovely and hope they realise we were there out of respect and love for Roy...
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
AndyW
Learner Driver

Re: Roy Bulcock.

Post by AndyW »

Yes, lovely that Jean wrote.

As a relatively quiet and unassuming chap I think Roy would have been bowled over by the response from SWB members.
www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk
Motorcycle Info Pages