Removing carb restrictions.

Any General info on Mechanics based on 'all' bikes...

Moderator: Staff

death_wish
Learner Driver

Post by death_wish »

1blue wrote:
death_wish wrote:Ok thanks for advise, might aswel leave them in. Sorry to ask this but what does IMHO and IMO mean?
Its safer to leave them in, and you'll learn more about riding well with them in. In My Humble Opinion.

the humble is usually sarcastic, and can be omitted by the less arrogant. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ahh cheers, wouldn't have guessed that :wink:
Cb400sf at the moment.
'Assume everyone on the road is out to kill you'
andrew
Learner Driver

Post by andrew »

1blue wrote:
death_wish wrote:Do I just take out the washers and put it all back together, or is there more to it?
No, there is a bit more to it. If you get caught you can expect several points, and years of paying extra insurance.
death_wish wrote:
Argent_Taon wrote:miler might have some advice for you.... he took out mine for me....

is your restriction due to end in the spring?
ermmmm not quite, still a while to go. Im still debating whether to take them out, do you think its worth the risk for the extra 24ish bhp?

AT and 2blue passed their tests at the same time, and started riding similar bikes. AT with restrictors in had no trouble keeping up with 2blue. On a recent ride out one of the regulars was riding a 125, and he lead most of the way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will realise there is no way its worth it, IMHO.
That was me on the 125, its Blubirds RS125 which is de-restricted and so makes about 33bhp an I think all would agree that that bike was plenty fast enough.

Taking the restrictors out is up to you (i can't lecture because i took mine out early on my gs450e a long time ago). 1Blue is right tho taking the restrictors out does invalidate your insurance and if caught will get you points, probably 3 points and £60 fine under code LC20 not riding in accordance with your licence whih will effect your insurance.

To be honest having seen A-T ride her bike restricted I would say leave them in her bike could still do ... when restricted and taking them out is unlikely to make you any faster on twisty roads.
so it turns out.........sometime i do give a f*ck