Help

Latest information on South-West-Bikers...

Moderator: Staff

issyt
Learner Driver

Help

Post by issyt »

Last time loads of you got in touch and I really appreciated it.

On Tuesday BBC Radio Cornwall is running a piece about the County Council trying to reduce motorcyclist casualties. This time it is focussing on 16-24 year olds.

I really need to find a case study of someone who was injured when they were 16-24 years old or are still in the age bracket.

I would just do a very quick pre recorded interview with you about what happened and how you think young people can change to reduce casualties.

If you are interested please call 01872 475 263 and ask for Issy or email issy.taylor@bbc.co.uk

Thanks
deej
Learner Driver
First Name: Dave

Re: Help

Post by deej »

you could make old gits in volvos take a eye test :wink:

and more importantly talk about the inconsiderate people in the big people carriers that pay too much attention to whats going on inside the car rather than whats happening on the road :!:
http://www.averysmotorcycles.co.uk use code SWB10 for discount
hazard9

Post by hazard9 »

lmao..
some proper middle lane hoggers on the way down the motorway friday.. good fun swereving from the slow lane out to the fast lane then slot back into the slow lane.. :roll: :lol:
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

I would suggest the response you get will be very much tempered by the slant you intend to put on the final product ..... :roll: If you intend to show that all young riders need to calm down and have no more power than a lawn-mower, you'll not fare very well.

If you are going to balance the view by pointing out the risks presented to people by artificially limited machines on modern roads - how scary must a moped be on the A30/A38 :shock: - or the lack of consideration/awareness of others shown by MOST road users, then fair enough.

There is a lad who still posts here regularly who sort of fits the bill ...... I won't mention his name - it's up to him if he wants to speak to you :wink:
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
hazard9

Post by hazard9 »

BEING ONLY 25 MYSELF,
I HAVE A QUESTION, IS IT THE YOUNGSTERS WHO SHOULD CHANGE OR EVERY PERSON ON THE ROAD...
SOME OLDER DRIVERS AINT GOT A CLUE WHEN IT COMES TO POSISTION,,
HANG AROUND THE FILTER LANES IN BARNSTAPLE N SEE WHO LETS WHO IN!!

ANOTHER POINT.. AT 16 YOUR RESTRICTED TO 50CC OR 125 WHAT EVER IT IS.. ON A BIKE YET IF YOU PASS YOUR CAR TEST AT A SIMILAR AGE YOU CAN JUMP IN A SCOBBY OR VERY FAST CAR...

YOUNGSTERS IN POWERFULL CARS SHOULD BE LOOKED AT.. MOTORCYCLIST TEND TO BE "SINGLED OUT"
NORMALLY ITS THE RIDER THAT GETS HURT IN A BIKE CRASH BUT CARS ARE ANOTHER STORY.. :roll:
YOUNG DRIVERS SHOULD BE RESTRICTED ALSO!! IMO..

I KNOW IT WOULD BE A PAIN BUT RETESTS SHOULD OCCOUR EVERY 5 YEARS OR SOMETHING SIMILAR...

MOOSE IS RIGHT HOW SCARY WOULD IT BE BEING ALL VUNRALBLE ON A RESTRICTED MACHINE WITH NO GET OUT OF TROUBLE THROTLE.. IT DOES MAKE ME LAUGH WHEN I SEE THEM ON "A " ROADS BUT IT IS ACTUALLY DANGEROUS AND SHOULDNT BE LAUGHED ABOUT..
I WAS LUCKY ALL MY WEE BIKES NIPPED ALONG QUICKLY...60+ BUT IVE NEVER OWNED A PED...SCOTTER..
issyt
Learner Driver

Post by issyt »

We just want to speak to a young motorcyclist...and maybe their parents. We would just be asking the questions.

It is up to the person we interview to give the "slant" on it.

Our top line is bound to be that the council wants to speak to under 25 year old motorcylists to find out how roads can be made safer...
r1dave
Learner Driver
First Name: dave

Post by r1dave »

issyt wrote:
Our top line is bound to be that the council wants to speak to under 25 year old motorcylists to find out how roads can be made safer...
To make roads safer i would have thought motorcyclists of all ages should put their point of view accross. 1. cover manhole covers with grip, 2. Repair potholes 3.white lines are painted to thick. 4. cats eyes are a pain 5.laying that shity loose chippings which should be banned.6. diesel spills cleaned up asap and not left. And like hazzard says re test i think 60 and over should do a test not a full one just basic every two years, If fail license taking away. Just a few BASIC points the COUNCIL should look at
Funky
Learner Driver
First Name: Aaron

Post by Funky »

I wouldn't mind doing a bit, didn't have massive off when I was 21 but broke my thumb and had to be off work, was mostly my own stupid fault I'll freely admit it. Another to talk to would be Hilljd or whatever he is called these days.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Funky wrote:........ Another to talk to would be Hilljd or whatever he is called these days.
TLS-Moose wrote:There is a lad who still posts here regularly who sort of fits the bill ...... I won't mention his name - it's up to him if he wants to speak to you

Well done Funky :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
hazard9

Post by hazard9 »

on a diferent note my council sent me a letter the other day with a credit card with a number on it to report spills n stuff. i was amazed cuz they normally dont do shit....
im intreged to see if i phoned it something would happen... wont test it till something good comes along like a load of gravel dumped etc..

SEE IT REPORT IT!!
report highway defects in devon.

http://www.devon.gov.uk/bikers

or call 0845 1551004

use this card to report highway defects in devon such as potholes , diesel spills and faulty manhole covers. :wink: :!: