1 piece leathers question

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

scoobystu
Learner Driver

1 piece leathers question

Post by scoobystu »

today i have been and bought the rst pro series leathers,(MY 1ST SET OF 1 PIECE) now the guy said in the shop that there meant to be skin tight,now after getting them home i think they may be way too tight as i have to suck in abit when zipping up and there pushing on my shoulders/colar bones when i stand and seem to stop the circulation in my calf area and just feel allround uncomfortable :lol: .before i bought these i tried a size 40 on in a different shop and the guy could just about grab some leather on my sides and said i needed to get a 38,so i bought a 38,,,will they loosen off abit or am i just over reacting because im not use to it?
Stikley
Learner Driver
First Name: Nik

Re: 1 piece leathers question

Post by Stikley »

They will losen up but you should always buy what fits you better

I personally like them slightly loose to move around on the bike.
1994 Kawasaki ZX9R
1991 Suzuki GSXR 1100 Streetfighter
2002 Aprilia RSVR
2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
2002 Suzuki AN400 BurgerVan
2005 Kawasaki KXF250
2011 Citreon Relay LWB
Oldskool bikes rule!
wolfy
Learner Driver

Post by wolfy »

I have a Wolf one peice that is a bit tight. It is perfect on the bike but if you are wearing it walking alot like at the bike show or something it aches the back a bit to stand up and the crotch bit jams against me balls a bit too. :oops: That said I have had them for years and they loosened a little but not THAT much.

If it has been a hot day there can also be a bit of hopping about and arm shaking to get out of them..

I would not say they should be skin tight, you need some movement. Snug I would have thought is more what you are looking for. Different makers have slightly different fits on the same size i would say. A Wolf 44 is not the same as a Dianese 44 in my experience. IF you are at the top end of your size it can make all the difference.

If you are in serious pain wearing them, I would suggest they are the wrong size for you. They will not loosen that much. I would take them back and try a different size. But then i am no expert. Just my thoughts from living in a pair of them for the last 4 years. I am guessing you aint worn them out on the bike yet?
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Are you wearing them with a back protector in ? Mind were tight across the shoulders then I twigged that I was wearing my back protector aswell as the suits built foam pad. Removed the pad and hey presto I could breath and move about.

They will give tho, just takes some wearing around the house to break them in.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
wolfy
Learner Driver

Post by wolfy »

Just to add to the above though.... It did take a bit of getting used to .. wearing them to begin with, it is a very different feeling. Have you sat on the bike with them yet? How do they feel in the bat -out -of -hell / sorry officer i aint stopping now position on the bike..?
scoobystu
Learner Driver

Post by scoobystu »

billinom8s wrote:Are you wearing them with a back protector in ? Mind were tight across the shoulders then I twigged that I was wearing my back protector aswell as the suits built foam pad. Removed the pad and hey presto I could breath and move about.

its got a big built in cone nothings removable i dont think
scoobystu
Learner Driver

Post by scoobystu »

wolfy wrote:I have a Wolf one peice that is a bit tight. It is perfect on the bike but if you are wearing it walking alot like at the bike show or something it aches the back a bit to stand up and the crotch bit jams against me balls a bit too. :oops: That said I have had them for years and they loosened a little but not THAT much.

If it has been a hot day there can also be a bit of hopping about and arm shaking to get out of them..

I would not say they should be skin tight, you need some movement. Snug I would have thought is more what you are looking for. Different makers have slightly different fits on the same size i would say. A Wolf 44 is not the same as a Dianese 44 in my experience. IF you are at the top end of your size it can make all the difference.

If you are in serious pain wearing them, I would suggest they are the wrong size for you. They will not loosen that much. I would take them back and try a different size. But then i am no expert. Just my thoughts from living in a pair of them for the last 4 years. I am guessing you aint worn them out on the bike yet?
im very awkward as im a 40-41" chest and 30-32" waist so to get the overall fit ive had to go for a 38" suit but i really think to get my circulation back i need to get a 40,,only thing is they dont make the suit anymore and all sizes in this colour are all gone
scoobystu
Learner Driver

Post by scoobystu »

wolfy wrote:Just to add to the above though.... It did take a bit of getting used to .. wearing them to begin with, it is a very different feeling. Have you sat on the bike with them yet? How do they feel in the bat -out -of -hell / sorry officer i aint stopping now position on the bike..?
they seem ok on the bike but still very skin tight on the tops of my legs but seem not to break my collar bones when bent over trying to look like i know what im doing,,on the bike i mean :wink:
wolfy
Learner Driver

Post by wolfy »

scoobystu wrote:
wolfy wrote:Just to add to the above though.... It did take a bit of getting used to .. wearing them to begin with, it is a very different feeling. Have you sat on the bike with them yet? How do they feel in the bat -out -of -hell / sorry officer i aint stopping now position on the bike..?
they seem ok on the bike but still very skin tight on the tops of my legs but seem not to break my collar bones when bent over trying to look like i know what im doing,,on the bike i mean :wink:
Snigger....... :twisted:

If i am totally honest they do sound on the slightly too small side... Good luck with whatever your choice is. I know the feeling re the colours etc. Never in the right bloody size! It has got to look right passing the shop window... I mean biker mirror!
wolfy
Learner Driver

Post by wolfy »

billinom8s wrote:Are you wearing them with a back protector in ? Mind were tight across the shoulders then I twigged that I was wearing my back protector aswell as the suits built foam pad. Removed the pad and hey presto I could breath and move about.

Good advice... just make sure you are careful to who you answer the door to... Some people will misread the situation if you answer the door in skin tight leathers and it is snowing outside and there is no sign of a bike!!! :oops: :80:
scoobystu
Learner Driver

Post by scoobystu »

its ok i think everyone saw me in them earlier running after the dog down the street,,bent over live a monkey version of the hunch back of notre dam,,,really i hope they will give abit just to let circulation back to my vital parts,,i feel the blood rush down from my head when i take em off :cry:
wolfy
Learner Driver

Post by wolfy »

chasing the dog.... oh fcuk.. sounds like an RSPCA prosecution heading your way!!! Erm which head are you having the blood running to?? I think you might be taking this biking thing a little tooo far! You can love your bike you cant LURRRVe your bike! That way lies the physco ward! More straight jacket than leather jacket!
wolfy
Learner Driver

Post by wolfy »

without being too personal does the arse seem of it ride right up under your balls? If not then I am guessing the torso part will be fine and bed in... you must have girt meaty thighs or summit ..
scoobystu
Learner Driver

Post by scoobystu »

wolfy wrote:without being too personal does the arse seem of it ride right up under your balls? If not then I am guessing the torso part will be fine and bed in... you must have girt meaty thighs or summit ..
there is a hint of the camel toe which cant be right can it
deej
Learner Driver
First Name: Dave

Post by deej »

personally i would bung them on ebay and buy a set that fits, yes leather will give but not that much and not quickly enough. The other option you have is to give lwrgerry a bell/email and get them altered so they actually fit you
http://www.averysmotorcycles.co.uk use code SWB10 for discount