advice - track day prep

avengerpenguin
Learner Driver
First Name: Sean

advice - track day prep

Post by avengerpenguin »

Need some general advise for llandow, am prepping bike today, removing mirrors, quick service etc.

Light taping? Do they all need to be taped, tail indicators and headlights?

Or should I just remove indicator?
mike69
Learner Driver

Re: advice - track day prep

Post by mike69 »

Remove mirrors and rear number plate. Check all fluids to correct level inspect brake pads and tyres don't bother to check pressures as you will do that on the day and you will running much lower pressures than normal anyway. Up to you whether to remove anything else like indicators personally I wouldn't bother and I wouldn't tape headlamps they are plastic lens these days
You might consider taping over the speedo so its not a distraction and you will probably be only doing 100mph Max anyway.
DynaMight
Learner Driver

Post by DynaMight »

You dont NEED to do anything apart from ensure everything is in a good road worthy condition, things like tyres/brakes will get more abuse. You will want adjust the tyre pressures, 30/30 is always a good solid pressure in dry conditions.

Stuff like removing or taping mirrors/headlights/brakelights/indicators is only useful if you either way the bike to look more of a 'race bike' or save a few quid if you crash.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

they will ask you to fold in your mirrors or remove them.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.