Motorcycle Grasstrack Racing, Cornwall, Sunday 11th October

Look in here for all other biking events and biker friendly places...

Moderator: Staff

Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Motorcycle Grasstrack Racing, Cornwall, Sunday 11th October

Post by Robbo87 »

Bit of a late heads up on this people, but here's the details for anyone who's looking for something different from their usual Sunday:
21147311872_008fb4e58a_z.jpg
If my attempt at posting the organising club's poster hasn't worked (hope it was o.k. to do this Mr B nom8s), here's the s.p:
Club: Mid Cornwall Premier Motorcycle Club.
Event: 'The Boarded Bash' Grasstrack Racing.
Featuring: All classes of solos - 250cc to 500cc, also 1000cc Sidecars + a 'Past Masters' demo'.
Venue: Trebilcock Farm, ROCHE, Cornwall PL26 8LG.
Times: Practise from 10.00 am. First Race 12.00 pm.
Entry fee: £8.00.

Notes: The track is just off the A30, take the Victoria/Roche turn-off at the new A30 Services - the event will be well signed.
Distance from Exeter M5 Services is 76 miles according to Mr Garmin.
Myself and a couple of others are meeting at the top car park Exeter M5 Services approx' 0815 hrs, leave 0830-ish.
Breakfast at Woodleighs Coach House, Cheriton Bishop around 0900 hrs.
Route: A mix of minor and major roads as we see fit.

More notes: The venue will be boarded (peeps who know their Grasstrack and/or Speedway will know what I mean) and will have the usual catering and er' comfort(!) facilities.
For those of you who don't know about grasstrack racing, or think it's just about trundling around on a bit of green stuff while waiting for the pubs to open, come with an open mind and be prepared to be amazed at the bikes, the speed, the close racing and the sheer skill and nerve required to get these methanol fuelled machines to do what they do. There's no Prima Donnas amongst Grasstrack riders so just wonder around the pits or paddocks - no passes required - speak to the riders and take it all in.

Okay, okay, I know, I'm biased (a bit!) cos I used to race myself (and so did the two others riding down with me), but we're patently all bike fans and I'm constantly amazed at the amount of 'bikers' who've never heard of Grasstrack racing, or who have never checked it out. I might post a couple of pic's of the day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.