a man looking for his dads old bike

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

a man looking for his dads old bike

Post by Mervin »

Message from Ben Summers, Hatfield,Herts Can anyone help, just copied this from Devon and Cornwall TWAT

Firstly, thanks to the admin for letting me post on here and sorry for the lengthy post.

I am trying to find my late fathers motorbike and I hope that someone here may be able to help.

Sadly, he passed away several years ago. It’s taken me a long time to even come to terms with it. But now I have, I am looking to get the bike back in the family as a reminder of the good times we had together.

I know it was last MOT'd at Ace Motorcycles in Bude. I've been in contact with the guys there for over a year now, but they've not got back to any of my emails. I've called and they always advise to email so I am going round in circles. Anyway, I understand they've got a business to run so I won't be on the "priority" list.

The motorbike is a Ducati Monster S4 in red, reg EF02 ZKJ. It has very recently (May 2019) been declared as SORN.

I've posted on a few forums and suggestions from the community have led me to post here.

The outcome that I am hoping for is someone to pass my details to the owner so I can make contact to say "give me a ring if you want to sell it”.

I hope someone is able to help (or might even know the owner. Long shot!). Many thanks in advance.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Re: a man looking for his dads old bike

Post by Smiler »

Merv, please post this on our FB page too, it could have a wider reach than here xxx

I hope he finds it! :)
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

I think i found it via the bude banter FB page and a few freinds , sent the guy a pm have not had a reply as yet ,
ducati.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

Ah fingers crossed they get reunited 😀👍
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand